ALL ABOUT GENITAL PIERCINGS
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GENITAL PIERCINGS
GOOD OR BAD DECISION?
Piercings and tattoos are the order of the day. Although in our culture we have always associated getting a piercing or earring in some part of the body other than the earlobes ( or even there if you are a boy ) as a sign of rebellion, nonconformity or even as youthful things , the truth is that more and more people ( of all ages ) are encouraged to pierce some part of their body. Nose, navel, tongue … But what about the genitals?
Ever since body piercings exist, genital piercings have existed . In fact, it is a practice that goes back centuries ( I'll tell you the story another day ); it is not something typical of these moments. However, as it is a type of earring that is hidden and cannot be seen visually, its existence has been further ignored. Even so, there are not few people who confess to wearing an earring “down there".
Why get a vulva or penis piercing ?
When I started researching this topic, this was the first question that came to mind: What leads a person to get an earring on their penis or vulva? Well, if one of the main motivations that usually lead us to pierce our body, in general, is usually aesthetics , in the case of genital piercings we find, in addition to this, two other reasons mainly:
- Morbid . Like erotic lingerie or some articles of clothing or accessories, piercings in the genital area can contribute to increasing sexual desire and arousal . For many, having sex with someone who wears a piercing can be a fantasy come true. In addition, seeing ourselves with an earring can make us feel more attractive and desirable , which directly affects levels of desire and arousal.
- Pleasure . Depending on which specific area it is placed in (clitoris, glans, lips, scrotum …), a genital piercing can provide extra stimulation during sexual intercourse, which increases pleasure. This is one of the reasons why many people are encouraged to get a genital earring.
Do you increase pleasure or decrease sensitivity with piercings?
Many people say that genital piercings do increase pleasure during sex , both for the person who wears them and for the other. And it is that this possibility really exists, not only because of the sensations produced by the friction with the earring (to the person who wears it and / or the other), but because of other factors such as the cold effect of the metal ball .
Similarly, the desire and excitement that the fantasy of the earring on the genitals can produce increases pleasure. If we are more excited or predisposed to sexual intercourse, our subjective pleasurable sensations will become more intense .
However, in some cases people with these types of piercings claim to have lost some sensitivity . What could have happened here? Here are my two theories:
- That during the piercing there was some damage to a nerve. Remember that the genitals are very sensitive areas, with many nerve endings.
- That there has been a habituation to the slope: either because of the constant rubbing of the slope with the clothes when walking, for example, that extra stimulation of the slope is always present, so that our brain can get used to those sensations, making that extra pleasure that it brought at the beginning. This does not have to happen if we know how to take advantage of our sexuality and perform different practices using different stimuli.
Before getting a genital piercing you should know …
If the idea of getting a piercing in your genitals appeals to you, pay attention to the following lines. I leave you a series of recommendations to keep in mind:
- When you decide to get a genital piercing, the first thing you should do is look for a professional who guarantees quality and professionalism: who has experience, who complies with legal obligations and who provides you with all the information you need before doing it.
- It is also important to know what types of genital piercing exist and what their characteristics are, to decide which one interests you. In vulvas the most frequent piercings are in the mons pubis, the clitoris and the lips . In penises the most common are in the glans, the perineum and the scrotum . Since all bodies are unique, some of these piercings are not recommended for all people, due to simple anatomy. That is why I stress again the importance of going to a professional to advise you which is the best option for you.
- The healing time for genital piercings is generally long. Depending on the area of the perforation, the healing of the same can range from 2 to 6 months, assuming that there are no complications.
- It is important to strictly follow all the hygiene and care recommendations for the earring , but not only during healing, but while deciding to wear it. Poor hygiene can lead to infections.
- Be careful with condoms! One of the main risks of having sex with genital piercings is that they can tear condoms , rendering them ineffective. Remember that the use of a condom is essential to rule out not only unwanted pregnancies, but also sexually transmitted infections.
If you inform yourself well, follow professional recommendations and take care of yourself, getting a penis or vulva piercing can be a really pleasant experience for your sex life. Would you dare to make one?
Why get a genital piercing?
Each person has their personal motive, although it is almost always for aesthetics there are two other main reasons, morbid and pleasure.Do genital piercings increase pleasure or decrease genital sensitivity?
It can both increase the pleasure by rubbing it with our intimate areas and those of our sexual games partner, and it could also decrease sensitivity in some cases. This can happen because either we have become accustomed to rubbing in such a sensitive area or because something has gone wrong with the piercing, such as touching a nerve.